Application Information for NEW Students
Re-Application Information for CURRENTLY ENROLLED Students (currently unavalible)
Applications are accepted throughout the year at the Early Childhood Office, 2501 Rockford Lane, in the rear of Western High School, Monday through Friday, except for holidays, days that school is not in session for JCPS, and other selected periods during the year.
Throughout the year, other temporary sites maybe established for application, such as Neighborhood Places, churches, schools, and community centers. Please call the Early Childhood Office (502) 485-3919 for times and dates.
Please bring the following documents with you for registration:
- Proof of Residence—Required proof must be any of the following items that show address and name: gas/electric bill (within past three months), water bill (within past three months), lease, house contract, paycheck or paycheck stub, or Social Security or other government check. The following are not accepted as proof of residence—driver’s license, photo ID, personal check, or K-TAP documents.
- Child’s Proof of Birth—Birth certificate, I-94, or travel passport required. The parent/guardian making application must be listed on the birth certificate or have official custodian paper work.
- Verification of Family Income—Documentation of past 12 months of all income. This includes, but is not limited to, 12 months of work pay stubs, an unemployment benefits statement, child support for all children, kinship, SSI, and/or previous year’s tax return. Previous year’s 1040 and W-2 tax forms are only taken until June 30.
- Family Social Security Numbers
- Medical Insurance Card (if available)
- Proof of Disability (if applicable)
- Immunization Certificate (if available)
- Physical Examination (if available)
- Custodial Papers (if applicable)
- Proof of Parent’s Employment or Educational/Training Programs (EHS only—programs for ages 6 weeks to 35 months)
Health requirements for students entering a Jefferson County Public School Early Childhood program include an up-to-date immunization certificate and a current physical examination form. An eye exam is also required for students entering JCPS for the first time.
Additional health requirements for Head Start / Early Head Start students include:
- Hematocrit/hemoglobin blood test
- Dental examination.
To learn more about Jefferson County Public Schools Early Childhood Programs, please call (502) 485-3919.
Date Modified 1/25/12