How to Apply
Application Information for NEW Students
Re-Application Information for CURRENTLY ENROLLED Students (currently unavalible)
Applications are taken throughout the year at the VanHoose Annex - Early Childhood Intake Center, 4322 Bishop Lane, off Newburg Road. Click the "Application Information for NEW Students" link above for a calendar of dates and times that applications are taken. Please note that if school is cancelled for JCPS, applications will NOT be taken.
What I need to apply
- At the time of application, all income, proof of residence, and proof of the child’s age are required.
- Partial applications are not taken.
- Program staff verify all required documentation.
- Family income is required for all income-based programs. (Income Guidelines)
- You may be asked to provide additional documentation to meet federal requirements.
- Applications are taken throughout the year.
- Priority is given to early applications and 4-year-olds.
- Children do not have to be present for the application process.
- Early Childhood is not a mandatory program and has limited space for children.
- JCPS Early Childhood only serves children who reside in Jefferson County, Kentucky, with a legal custodial parent/guardian.
- All of the programs are income-based, except for Tuition-Based Preschool and preschool for children with disabilities.
- Children are placed in programs according to income, available space, and the program’s ability to transport the child.
- Placement is not guaranteed for every applicant
- Early Childhood is not located in every school; therefore, the program selects placement.
- Applications are taken year-round, and children are placed throughout the year as space becomes available.
To learn more about Jefferson County Public Schools Early Childhood Programs, please call (502) 485-3919.
Date Modified 6/25/15