Health Services Department
Members of the JCPS Health Services staff are responsible for a range of tasks centered on the health and well-being of all district students. There are six nurse practitioners on staff. They are assigned to schools based on Academic Achievement Areas.
The department provides a wide variety of services, including the following:
- Conducting health screenings, such as vision, hearing, scoliosis, and dental screenings
- Monitoring of school compliance with state health requirements
- Conducting school staff training sessions for medication administration and other health services
- Assisting with the Individual Education Program (IEP)/Admissions and Release Committee (ARC) process for students with health/medical needs
- Helping develop 504 Plans for students with medical conditions
- Holding health education sessions for staff and students
- Facilitating physical exams and immunizations for students who have not met state requirements
- Acting as a health resource for school staff members
- Developing health and wellness protocols and procedures for the district
School Health Information
Contact Health Services at 485-3387.
Date Modified 6/6/14