Looking for a career with a top education team?
With more than 97,000 students, 14.6 million square feet of building space, 831 buses, and 149 kitchens serving 87,000 meals every school day, we need a highly trained, tight-knit team to keep JCPS on the forefront of academic accomplishment. Would you like to join us? Follow the links below to learn how to apply for current openings.
Out of Town Candidates: Click here to find out if we are recruiting in your area soon…
Moving to Louisville? Discover your new hometown!
- Job List (JCPS Employment Opportunities) - Listing of jobs available
- Job Descriptions - Includes job title, salary schedule, responsibilities and qualifications
- Classified Employment Opportunities - Information about classified positions at JCPS
- Organizational Structure - Organizational positions and job descriptions.
- Online Application - For employment with JCPS (Including Bus Drivers)
- Returning Applicants - Applicants who have applied to JCPS since February 2009
(Any applicant who applied prior to February 2009 must reapply as a new applicant)
- Returning Bus Driver Application - Bus driver applicants only – login required. (Any applicant applying after May 1, 2012 must go to the Job List and apply under the Bus Driver listing Job Code 700040-9)
- Teachers - Certified (Job Family III)
- Administrators – Certified (Job Family III & IV)
- Administrators – Classified (Job Family II)
- Administrators Retired Part –Time
- Classified – JCAESP Clerical (Job Family 1A)
- Classified – Teamsters/Nutrition Services (Job Family 1B)
- Classified – SEIU Custodians (Job Family 1B)
- Extra Service – Coaches
- Extra Service Pay Rates
- Temporary Salaries
- Certified Substitutes
- Employee Benefits Summary
- Certified Staff - Positions requiring certification or license
- Classified Staff - Positions include clerical, food service, custodial, bus driver, instructional assistant/instructors, maintenance, and in-school security.
- How to become a JCPS teacher - Step-by-step instructions.
- Alternative Certification - Alternative routes to teacher and administrator certification for persons who have demonstrated exceptional work and/or educational experiences
Administrative Recruitment and Development
- Administrative Staffing - Positions include principal, assistant principal, counselor, dean, and central office certified and classified administrators.
- Substitute Services Certified - Positions available for part-time or temporary certified employees
- Substitute Services Classified - Positions available for part-time or temporary classified employee
- VanHoose Education Center, 3332 Newburg Road, Room 109
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, (502) 485-3370
Human Resources Employment Contact Information
- Contact List - Name, e-mail, and phone information
Last modified April 14, 2014