Skip to main content
- Largest school system in Kentucky
- 28th largest school system in the United States
- 80 percent of all children in Louisville/Jefferson County attend Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS).
- Three JCPS schools are in Kentucky’s Top 10 schools on the 2016 Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress (K-PREP) assessments.
- JCPS has 416 of Kentucky’s 3,292 teachers with National Board Certification.
- JCPS offers 66 magnet schools and programs.
- 172 schools
- 6,600 teachers
- 85 percent of teachers with a master’s degree
- 30,000 Parent Teacher Association (PTA) members
- All JCPS student groups saw increases in the percentage of JCPS students scoring Proficient or Distinguished in reading and math from 2012 to 2016:
—All students—7.5 percent increase
—African-American students—6.4 percent increase
—Exceptional Child Education (ECE) students—4.6 percent increase
—Free or reduced-price meal-eligible students—8.9 percent increase
—Hispanic—5.7 percent increase
—Limited English Proficient (LEP)—2.7 percent increase
- JCPS has 36 of Kentucky's 223 National Merit Scholars.
- 100,900 students
- 65,000 bus riders
- 12,300 ECE students
- 120 languages spoken by JCPS students
- 62 percent of students are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.