JCPS Online is a secure web-based learning management system in Blackboard. Schools can use JCPS Online to provide virtual classroom opportunities so students can be engaged in various age-appropriate communication and learning tools—anytime or anyplace.
Teachers can use a virtual classroom to:
- Give instructions to students.
- Provide a different way for students to learn.
- Provide a space for students to reflect on their learning.
- Develop critical-thinking skills using discussions.
- Provide different ways for students to communicate with teachers.
- Provide a safe space to communicate and work on class projects with other students.
- Connect with the classroom anytime, anyplace using different mobile devices.
For more information, contact your child's school or Carolyn Heckmann.
Edgenuity is a video course curriculum that offers online learning modules for students in grades six through twelve.
The program can be used at home or in school as an intervention or to recover credits. Edgenuity is not to be used for initial credit.
Course offerings include math, English, science, social studies, foreign languages, and general as well as career-focused electives.