JCPS Online is a secure web-based learning management system. Schools can use JCPS Online to provide virtual classroom opportunities so students can be engaged in various age-appropriate communication and learning tools—anytime or anyplace.
Teachers can use a virtual classroom to:
- Give instructions to students.
- Provide personalized learning for students.
- Provide a space for students to reflect on their learning.
- Develop critical-thinking skills using digital tools.
- Provide different ways for students to communicate with teachers.
- Provide a safe space to communicate and work on class projects with other students.
- Connect with the classroom anytime, anyplace using different mobile devices.
- Allow parents to view and monitor their children's course activities.
For more information, contact your child's school or email@example.com.
Edgenuity is a video course curriculum that offers online learning through content support, credit recovery, and blended learning for grades six through twelve. In addition, schools have the ability to analyze the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) results placing them into an appropriate individualized plan assisting with student progress.
The program can be used at home or in school as an intervention to recover credits. Teachers may use the content support side to supplement their access to their curriculum. Edgenuity is not to be used for initial credit.
Course offering include math, English, science, social studies, foreign languages, and general as well as career-focused electives. Also the Virtual Tutor courses prepare students for the ACT, SAT, and many other college-readiness assessments.
For more information, contact your child's school or Dr. Deborah L. Niles.