Experience the Arts
We're proud of our students' creativity. Individual schools host art shows and performances to demonstrate and celebrate students' artistic development. Check the website for individual schools to learn about these events. In addition, we encourage you to enjoy the performances, portfolios, and publications developed by students at some of our arts-focused high schools.
View Online Portfolios and Publications
- 2017 Scholastic Art Awards Gallery
- 2016 Scholastic Art Awards Gallery
- PRP High Portfolios
- Ballard High Portfolios
- DuPont Manual High Portfolios
- DuPont Manual High Publications
Arts Classes and Clubs
At all grade levels, JCPS schools offer a rich environment for the exploration and development of the art forms of dance, theatre, music, and visual arts. Some individual schools offer visual and performing arts clubs and after-school activities as well. Talk with the staff at your school to get involved in these activities or to start your own club.
In addition, JCPS offers magnet schools and programs in the arts for students of all ages.
- Lincoln—Performing Arts Magnet
- King—Visual and Performing Arts Magnet
- Breckinridge-Franklin—Communications Magnet
- Price—Visual Arts Magnet
- Noe—Visual and Performing Arts Magnet
- Western—Visual and Performing Arts Magnet
- Highland—Fine Arts Optional Program
- PRP—Communication, Media, and the Arts Professional Career Theme
- Fern Creek—Communication, Media, and the Arts Professional Career Theme
- Ballard—Communication, Media, and the Arts Professional Career Theme
- DuPont Manual—Visual Arts Program and Journalism and Communication Program
- YPAS—Offers performing arts majors, including Dance, Theatre, Musical Theatre, Design and Production (Technical Theatre), Vocal Music, Instrumental Music (including Band and Orchestra), and Piano