The Family Education Program provides educational opportunities for parents and children to be successful at home, school, and work. Locations offer:
- Adult Education—Parents participate in General Educational Development (GED), skill building, and/or English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
- Children's Education—Early childhood and elementary children receive opportunities for literacy development and learning.
- Parent Time—Parents receive instruction on their children's academic development and learn about ways they can help. Hands-on workshops support the Kentucky Core Academic Standards (KCAS).
- Parents and Child Together (PACT) Time—Parents and children have regularly scheduled times to participate in interactive academic experiences in a supportive environment.
Four locations are available:
- McFerran Preparatory Academy, 1900 South Seventh Street
- Okolona Elementary School, 7606 Preston Highway
- Americana Community Center, 4801 Southside Drive
- Louisville Free Public Library (LFPL)—Main Branch, 301 York Street
Okolona Elementary and LFPL also offer:
- Family Mentoring—An opportunity for families to build relationships with other families in their communities by teaching and learning from one another
- Family Service Learning—An opportunity for families to work together to build skills and complete service projects in their communities
For more information, contact Susan Ward-Repishti at (502) 574-6319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.