- Literacy: Teaching reading skills to students
- General Educational Development (GED): Helping students who are working toward their GED credentials
- English as a Second Language (ESL): Teaching English to students who are nonnative English speakers
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED credential
- Must have a minimum of two hours per week to volunteer
- Must have participated in the volunteer training
Volunteers receive 12 hours of training in working with adult students before being placed with a certified teacher in a classroom setting. Volunteers may work at times and sites that are convenient to them for as many hours as they wish. Opportunities to volunteer are available in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Most volunteers average two or three hours per week.
For more information, contact Martha Ruth VanCleave at (502) 485-7320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.