Computer Education Support (CES) provides professional development (PD) for all JCPS employees throughout the year. Our goal is to give employees knowledge of the latest technologies available to them to enhance student learning. CES provides PD in the area of instructional technology and implementation of instructional software as well as monthly sessions that include new technology and support programs being implemented across the district. Examples of PD include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administrative systems, such as Munis, Infinite Campus, and EPES
- Microsoft Office software
- Google in the Classroom, including Google Cardboard, Forms for teacher and student use
- Chromebooks, iPads, Smart products, and other portable technologies used to enhance instruction in the classroom
- Intervention software, including Edgenuity and Study Island
Yearly PD Opportunities
Technoversity Institute, held every July, is a three-week training event of technology-based workshops. The goal of Technoversity is to increase the capacity for all JCPS employees to use technology in their classrooms or office locations and to positively impact instruction. This three-week summer institute offers technology workshops, which include such topics as Chromebooks, Google, Infinite Campus, Webpage Design, iPads, SMART Boards, STEM, Makerspace, and Robotics. Sessions are advertised on pdCentral and are open to all JCPS staff. Credit hours vary.
For more information, contact Liane Dattilo.