Our Philosophy—The Five C's
- We are Committed to the welfare, positive growth, and development of individuals being served.
- We Care about individuals being served.
- We know that when organizations provide Consistency, they achieve better outcomes regarding staff retention, staff performance, and growth of their individuals.
- We believe staff must have Competency when working with their individuals.
- We believe in professional Courage: "doing what's right even when it's difficult."
The mission of JKM Training, the Safe Crisis Management (SCM) training company, is to provide professional training based on an uncompromising respect for the dignity of all persons and a recognition that best practice training contributes to safety, positive growth, and improved performance. To be certified in SCM with JCPS, you must complete an SCM online module prior to attending the physical portion of the training. SCM physical training will be an all-day training for initial certifications and half-day training for re-certifications. Participants are expected to pass a written test as well as the physical skill out with a minimum score of 85 percent. SCM trainings have been broken down into summer session and winter session trainings. In order to maintain certification, staff must attend a four-hour practice in the opposite session from which they completed an initial/re-certification training and complete a re-certification class prior to the one-year expiration date listed on their SCM certificate.
SCM adheres to established best practice guidelines and is consistent with professional standards. The emergency safety physical interventions have been reviewed and approved by five different medical groups. SCM is congruent with federal and state statutes and regulations as defined by 704 KAR 7:160 Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion in Public Schools. Additional information referring to restraint and seclusion can be found in the 2019-20 Student Support and Behavior Intervention Handbook (pages 41, 42).
- Restraint and Seclusion Incident Form
- Notice to Parent Letter
- Individual Debriefing Form
- Staff Debriefing Form
- Student Picture Processing Form
- Monitoring Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SCM Final Procedures
- Arrest and Citation Documentation Form
- JCPS Restraint Documentation Protocol