JCPS has teamed up with the University of Louisville (UofL) to better equip JCPS educators for teaching in the state’s most diverse district. Below is more information about the JCPS Teacher Competency, Awareness, and Responsiveness to Diverse Students (C.A.R.D.S.):
- The program is offered to all certified employees currently teaching in teacher-of-record positions in Accelerated Improvement Schools (AIS). This program will provide JCPS teachers with tuition assistance to receive a master’s degree in teacher leadership at UofL with a graduate certificate in diversity literacy.
- The JCPS Teacher C.A.R.D.S. curriculum is a 33–hour master’s degree program in teacher leadership from the College of Education and Human Development that includes 18 hours within the College of Arts and Sciences (A&S). The 18 hours in A&S will give students a graduate certificate in diversity literacy and can be in classes that explore such topics as world religion, Latino and African-American culture, history, philosophy, and the social sciences.
- C.A.R.D.S. Application
- C.A.R.D.S. Personal Statement for the Application
- Letter to Teachers
- C.A.R.D.S. Flier
- View testimonials from current C.A.R.D.S. teachers.
- Charles Piphus, JCPS C.A.R.D.S. Teacher
For more information on the application process, contact Vanessa McPhail at (502) 485-3631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.