New Procedure for Teacher Certification
The Educational Professional Standards Board (EPSB) is now utilizing the Kentucky Educator Credentialing System (KCES) for all certification applications. The new procedure requires that JCPS no longer accept applications electronically or as a paper version. To renew a professional certificate, add content area, change ranks, or renew a temporary provisional please visit the Educational Professional Standards Board website at www.epsb.ky.gov to be prompted to the new KECS site.
It is the educators responsibility to provide an updated certificate to JCPS to complete the renewal process. Email certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rank Change Information
- Your university or college certification consultant will submit the + 15 verification form on your behalf. If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Changes in salary rank will be accepted in the Department of Human Resources anytime during the school year by September 15. Information received after September 15 will be credited to the following school year.
- Plus 15 Credit Hours
- In order to receive a rank change salary bump please provide the current EPSB issued certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022-23 JCPS-JCTA Critical Needs Teaching List
Pursuant to Article 28 Section G of the JCTA/JCBE agreement, JCPS will recognize up to 20 years of teaching/certified experience for new experienced teachers hired in the following critical needs areas/disciplines:
- Dual Certification (two or more content areas, a content area or elementary with special education, or being certified at both the middle and high school level for a content area)
- Dual Credit (HS and college course)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)—Occupation-Based Certification
- Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- Special Education (includes LBD, MSD, Hearing Impaired [HI], and Visually Impaired [VI])
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- School Media Librarian
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood
- Teaching in a school identified as Accelerated Improvement School (AIS) at the time of hire
Additional areas may be identified based on qualified applicant data for a vacancy not listed above.