We support schools' efforts to impact staff diversity and strategic teacher retention through improving the following:
- School Culture
- Coaching/Mentoring Capacity
- Personalization of Training and Technical Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Stipend Programs, Including Relocation Assistance
Important Information for Certified/Classified Employees Applying for Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement is limited based on available district funds.
- There is no guarantee on reimbursement, and eligible requests will be processed in the order received. There will be a waiting list when funds are not available in the event that we are allotted more funding for reimbursement purposes.
- The deadline for submitting complete requests is December 31 for the fall semester, May 15 for the spring semester, and August 31 for the summer semester. We will not take any submission after the established deadline since funds are available on a fiscal year-by-year basis.
- Incomplete submission of materials will result in delays or cancellation of the tuition reimbursement processing. Acceptable financial evidence is required. Since this process involves multiple offices in JCPS, submit all documents as one PDF. Only e-submissions will be processed.
A Note on the Tuition Reimbursement Program during the pandemic:
If it is optional, our employees need to stay on the grade plan (i.e., A, B, C, etc.) and NOT switch to pass/fail grading.
If a university doesn't offer the option of staying on the grade plan and just switches them to pass/fail, with proper documentation, we will honor it during the pandemic ONLY.
Any new tuition reimbursement requests (requests from employees who have never submitted a request earlier in the school year) cannot be honored as funds are not available. Funding for the 2020-21 year has been exhausted.
- New Vendor Form
- Praxis Reimbursement Guidelines
- Professional Committment Form for Tuition Reimbursement (at least three full years of service in the capacity of full-time teacher at the school assigned by JCPS)
- Relocation Assistance—Currently not accepting requests. Updating for fall.
- Stipend and Reimbursement Form
- Tuition Payment Guidelines for Classified Employees
- Tuition Reimbursement Guidelines
2020-21 JCPS-JCTA Critical Needs Teaching List
Pursuant to Article 28 Section G of the JCTA/JCBE agreement, JCPS will recognize up to 20 years of teaching/certified experience for new experienced teachers hired in the following critical needs areas/disciplines:
Dual Certification (two or more content areas, a content area or elementary with special education, or being certified at both the middle and high school level for a content area)
Dual Credit (HS and college course)
Career and Technical Education (CTE)—Occupation-Based Certification
Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
Special Education (includes LBD, MSD, Hearing Impaired [HI], and Visually Impaired [VI])
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Teaching in a school identified as an Accelerated Improvement School (AIS) at the time of hire
Additional areas may be identified based on qualified applicant data for a vacancy not listed above.