The Professional Leaning and Development Department supports staff in their quest for lifelong learning and growth. The office supports effective professional development/learning by:
- Coordinating induction and mentoring programs to support staff development.
- Focusing on data-driven, results-oriented PD related to content, pedagogical content-knowledge, performance standards and expectations for individual and school improvement.
- Working with staff, schools, and PD Providers to understand and implement federal, state and locally mandated PD requirements aligned with effectiveness standards, individual growth goals, and school, district, and state goals for student achievement.
- Coordinating the district’s PD proposal and approval process for staff and schools.
- Maintaining a database of PD hours earned by JCPS staff
- Recording and reporting district compliance information to the Kentucky Department of Education at the conclusion of each school year.