Cancellation of school on March 30 pushes graduations back one day
By Toni Konz Tatman | JCPS Communications
Seniors in Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) will graduate over a three-day period starting May 31, according to the alternate graduation schedule put into place after Friday's districtwide school cancellation.
The Jefferson County Board of Education had approved two graduation schedule options on March 27, with both schedules providing that no graduation ceremony will be held prior to the last student day.
The cancellation of school on March 30 pushed back graduations back one day. Because of the challenge of moving graduations, Dr. Pollio will ask the school board to waive the April 13 cancellation. With board approval, the alternate graduation schedule would remain intact.
As of April 13, the last day of classes for all students is Thursday, May 31.
The Class of 2018 graduations will be held May 31 through June 2, 2018 at various locations across Louisville, including duPont Manual High School’s Youth Performing Arts School (YPAS) auditorium, the Iroquois Amphitheater and in Broadbent Arena, the East Hall and Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Eastern High, 4:30 p.m. at Freedom Hall
- Jeffersontown High, 5 p.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Jefferson County High, 5 p.m. at YPAS auditorium
- Valley High, 8 p.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Ballard High, 8 p.m. at Freedom Hall
Friday, June 1, 2018
- Marion C. Moore School, 9 a.m. at East Hall
- Fern Creek High, 9 a.m. at Broadbent Arena
- duPont Manual High, 9 a.m. at Freedom Hall
- Southern High, 12 p.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Waggener High, 12 p.m. East Hall
- Louisville Male High, 12:30 p.m. at Freedom Hall
- Academy @ Shawnee, 12:30 p.m. at the Women's Club of Louisville, 1320 S. 4th street
- Doss High, 3 p.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Brown School, 3:30 p.m. at the school
- Liberty High, 3:30 p.m. at YPAS auditorium
- Seneca High, 4 p.m. at Freedom Hall
- Iroquois High 7 p.m. at Iroquois Amphitheater
- Phoenix School, 7 p.m. at YPAS auditorium
- Pleasure Ridge Park High, 7 p.m. at Freedom Hall
Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Butler High, 9 a.m. at Freedom Hall
- Fairdale High, 9 a.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Central High 12 p.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Western High, 3 p.m. at Broadbent Arena
- Atherton High 3 p.m. at Freedom Hall