Applications accepted for bus driver, monitor positions
Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) is encouraging job seekers to help “Drive the Future” and attend the district’s transportation job fair on Wednesday, June 12.
The job fair will be held from 1 to 5 p.m., at the C.B. Young Jr. Building (3001 Crittenden Drive). Interested applicants will be able to meet the transportation team and learn more about career opportunities. Applications will be accepted for bus driver and bus monitor positions. Starting pay for full-time bus drivers is $20.75 an hour.
As a member of the JCPS Transportation team, employees are eligible for:
- Full health insurance and retirement benefits
- Paid training
- Paid Time Off (PTO) includes sick days, personal days and emergency pay
- $2.50 per hour pay differential for perfect attendance
- Advancement opportunities
No previous experience is required, but individuals should enjoy working with children and have a good driving record.
Interested applicants must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Bring I-9 identification (birth certificate or social security card)
- Bring GED, high school diploma or college transcripts (official)
- Bring military experience verification (if applicable)
- Bring business and personal references
- Bring voided check for direct deposit
- Bring $20 cash or check for background check
Candidates may fill out an online application at the job fair or at jcpsdrivethefuture.com.