Programs open to any child who turns 4 by August
Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) is now accepting applications for JCPS Early Childhood Programs. The application process, which launched on Feb. 1, is open for tuition-based and income-based programs for children who turn 4 years old by Aug. 1, 2017.
Applications may be submitted online here or in person at the Edwards Education Complex, 701 S. Hancock St., from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. every Tuesday – Thursday.
JCPS Early Childhood follows Head Start and state-funded preschool regulations for placement and has a limited number of seats available. Application to the program is not a guarantee for placement.
Documents required for application include:
- Photo ID (if applying in person)
- Proof of residence
- Child’s birth certificate
- Physical examination form
- State of Kentucky immunization certificate
- Household W-2’s or 2016 tax return(s) or other household annual income documents
For more information, families may call the Early Childhood Application Center at (502) 485-7677.