Families encouraged to apply early
Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) is now accepting applications for JCPS Early Childhood Programs. The application process opened Feb. 1 for income-eligible families with a child who will turn 4 years old by Aug. 1.
Applications may be submitted online or in person at the Edwards Education Complex, 701 S. Hancock St., from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. every Tuesday through Thursday.
Seating is limited, so families are encouraged to apply early. Students attending JCPS Early Childhood Programs benefit from highly trained educators and an engaging, age-appropriate curriculum that ensures kindergarten readiness.
Documents required for application include:
- Photo ID (if applying in person)
- Proof of residence
- Child’s birth certificate
- Current physical examination form
- Current State of Kentucky immunization certificate
- Household W-2’s or 2017 tax return(s) or other household annual income documents
For more information, families may call the Early Childhood Application Center at (502) 485-7677. Download a a flier here.