Our district counselors are here to help our students and families during this challenging time.
School counselors throughout the district are implementing creative ways to support students and families during the COVID-19 shutdown. Here are some ways they think parents and guardians can help children talk about and deal with this challenging time:
- Parents are encouraged to limit their children's exposure to the media and television
- Help children address their fears and keep open lines of communication
- Keep a routine/schedule for your children
- Remain calm and reassuring
- Review and model basic hygiene and healthy lifestyle practice
A parent handout on how to talk and support your children amidst the COVID-19 pandemic can be found here.
This story was originally published on March 17, 2020