LiveScan is digital fingerprinting and transmission of the impression directly to the FBI and/or Kentucky State Police—KSP for processing.
Fees are subject to change without notice.
- $33.25—All Certified Personnel
- $33.25—Classified Administrators (Job Family II)
- $33.25—Substitute Teachers and Student Teachers
- $20.00—Bus Drivers
- Who needs live scan?
All applicants contacted by JCPS to have prints done
- Can I make an appointment for live scan or just walk in?
No appointment is needed, but you must submit an application for employment consideration in order to be fingerprinted. Walk-ins are welcome during our normal business hours Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 pm. As a walk-in applicant, you will be live-scanned on a first-come, first-served basis. HR administrators may schedule appointments for groups.
- How long are the prints good?
JCPS does not share your information with unauthorized agencies. Prints are good for six months from the initial print.
- How long does it take for the KSP or FBI to process the fingerprints and send results?
In most cases, the results are received within two weeks. The results are sent to the requesting agency listed.
- What happens if my fingerprints are rejected?
Sometimes, fingerprints may be rejected for reasons beyond our control. The most common reasons are the applicant's fingerprints have characteristics that are difficult to capture in the live scan process. This would include items such as cuts, scars, and calluses. If an applicant has fingerprints rejected on this basis, and they were originally scanned by our agency, we will rescan your fingerprints at no additional charge.
- Can I request criminal history background check results for myself so I can review my own records and receive fingerprint clearance?
Individuals have the right to request a copy of their own criminal history record from the FBI to review the information for accuracy and completeness.
- How do I challenge my record?
You may obtain an FBI pamphlet from the Application Center.