Thank you for your interest in Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS). To assist you in the application and hiring processes, we are providing you with the following information.
- Gather your application materials.
- Complete and submit the online application. Click the button below. (Continue checking this website for new job postings.)
Note: Make sure your application is submitted. For additional assistance, read the document Complete Application on AppliTrack.
- Vetting and Eligibility: The candidate's application is reviewed to determine eligibility for the position.* Candidates who fulfill all requirements for the applied position are eligible and sent to the hiring Principal/Manager.
- Review: The hiring Principal/Manager reviews eligible candidates' applications.
- Interview: The hiring Principal/Manager will invite selected candidates for an interview. Candidates could receive a phone call or an email message to be invited for interviews. Please monitor your email.
- Recommendation: The hiring Principal/Manager will submit a recommendation to hire to Human Resources.
- Approval: The recommendation to hire is reviewed and approved or disapproved by Human Resources (contingent on background clearance).
- Job Offer: The candidate receives an official job offer (phone call and e-mail from Human Resources). If the candidate is not selected for the job, he or she will receive an email message notification.
- Accept/Decline: The candidate accepts or declines a job offer. If candicate accepts the position he/she needs to complete the onboarding paperwork.
Fees associated with Criminal Records (JCPS accepts exact cash, personal check, or money order)
$20 for Bus Drivers
$33.25 for all other candidates (classified and certified)
JCPS returned check policy: A fee of $30 will be assessed for any returned check.
- Contract Signing and Pick up Benefits Information: The candidate is scheduled for contract signing.
*Custodian and Nutrition Assistants require internal applicants to place bids. If the certified job includes a waiver on the posting that indicates that applicants would be vetted and sent to the hiring Principal/Manager before the closing date.
Important: As soon as you accept a job offer, please complete the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) payment and verification using the State website Kentucky Online Gateway.
Federal Employability Requirements
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (Employment Eligibility Verification—Form I-9)
- Background Clearances