Thank you for your interest in Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS). To assist you in the application and hiring processes, we are providing you with the following information.
- Gather your application materials.
- Complete and submit the online application. Click the button below. (Continue checking this website for new job postings.)
Note: Make sure your application is submitted. For additional assistance, read the document Complete Application on AppliTrack.
- Vetting and Eligibility: The candidate's application is reviewed to determine eligibility for the position.* Candidates who fulfill all requirements for the applied position are eligible and sent to the hiring Principal/Manager.
- Review: The hiring Principal/Manager reviews eligible candidates' applications.
- Interview: The hiring Principal/Manager will invite selected candidates for an interview. Candidates could receive a phone call or an email message to be invited for interviews. Please monitor your email.
- Recommendation: The hiring Principal/Manager will submit a recommendation to hire to Human Resources.
- Approval: The recommendation to hire is reviewed and approved or disapproved by Human Resources (contingent on background clearance).
- Job Offer: The candidate receives an official job offer (phone call and email from Human Resources). If the candidate is not selected for the job, he or she will receive an email message notification.
- Accept/Decline: The candidate accepts or declines a job offer. If candicate accepts the position, he or she needs to complete the onboarding paperwork.
Fees associated with Criminal Records
$51.25 Criminal Background Check
*JCPS does not collect this fee. It is paid to the administering vendor.
- Contract Signing and Picking Up Benefits Information: The candidate is scheduled for contract signing.
*Custodian and Nutrition Assistants require internal applicants to place bids. If the certified job includes a waiver on the posting that indicates that applicants would be vetted and sent to the hiring Principal/Manager before the closing date.
Important: As soon as you accept a job offer, please complete the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) payment and verification using the State website Kentucky Online Gateway.
Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) Check Instructions
Federal Employability Requirements
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (Employment Eligibility Verification—Form I-9)
- Background Clearances