We believe that parents are their child's first teachers. Our philosophy is to serve the total child. To do this, the entire family must be involved. Family support is essential if the child is to have the best opportunity for success in school and in life. Parents are not only welcome but are encouraged to participate in classrooms and other aspects of the program.
How can I get involved?
- Get involved by participating in your child's classroom.
- Get involved by participating in school-based meetings.
- Get involved by serving in a leadership role.
- Get involved by encouraging other parents to be involved.
What can I expect?
- Leadership training
- Monthly scheduled meetings involving shared decision making
- The opportunity to serve as a link between parents, the community, and JCPS
- Participation in the annual program self-assessment
- Input into program planning, policies, and procedures