Data Reports & Research

Public Data

Non-Public Data and Research Requests

  • Can’t find the information you need in our published data? 
  • Looking to gather new data directly from JCPS students or staff in schools (e.g., survey, interviews, observations)? 
  • Working as a JCPS partner?

You may need to submit an Open Records Request or a JCPS Institutional Review Board (IRB) application. You may also need to set up a Data Sharing Agreement (DSA) or get Kentucky state background checks. Contact the General Counsel’s office at (502) 485-3622.

The Accountability, Research, and Systems Improvement (ARSI) office, in conjunction with the JCPS General Counsel’s office, manages most requests for access to data and for conducting research.

Notice: JCPS District and school administrators and staff cannot provide you with non-public data directly as this is a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). In addition, they cannot agree to conduct research or sign vendor contracts without review and approval by JCPS General Counsel and the JCPS IRB to comply with other federal and state laws as well as Jefferson County Board of Education (JCBE) policies.