Skip to main content
Links for Educators of High School ESL Students
- Bridging Refugee Youth & Children's Services (BRYCS): explains the process of how refugees come to the United States
- Colorín Colorado: Colorin Colorado is a bilingual website that provides information and activities for educators and Spanish-speaking families of English Learners. The sister site is Reading Rockets
- Cultural Orientation Resource Center: website that provides information on refugees and their cultures
- Culture Grams: Access information about cultures across the world via CultureGrams™. CultureGrams™ can be accessed through the Louisville Free Public Library (LFPL) website. Once you click on the link below, scroll down to the CultureGrams link. You will then be directed to log in. You will need your Louisville Free Public Library Card Username or Barcode (on the back of your library card) and your LFPL password to log in and access CultureGrams™.
- Everything ESL: provides lesson plans, teaching tips, and resources for teachers of English Learners
- International Children's Digital Library: Digital Books in English and Other Languages
- Kentucky Teachers to Speakers of Other Languages: Our purpose is to distribute information, to discuss current issues, and to improve the teaching of English to speakers of other languages.
- Live Binders: Differentiating Instruction for English Learners
- More Live Binders: Cooperative Learning and Academic Interaction: Strategies for Teachers
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition: Collects, coordinates and conveys a broad range of research and resources in support of an inclusive approach to high quality education for ELLs.
- WestEd: Research, webinars, and articles
- WIDA CAN DO Standards: provides CAN DO descriptors and other resources to help educators plan lessons, differentiate instruction, and observe LEP students' progress