Skip to main content
Links for Educators of Elementary ESL Students
- Bridging Refugee Youth & Children's Services (BRYCS): Explains the process of how refugees come to the United States
- Center for Applied Linguistics: Website that provides information on refugees and their cultures
- Colorín Colorado: Colorin Colorado is a bilingual website that provides information and activities for educators and Spanish-speaking families of English Learners. The sister site is Reading Rockets
- Cultural Orientation Resource Center: Provides technical assistance regarding new refugee groups and the orientation they receive either before their resettlement in the United States or after their arrival.
- Culture Grams...Access information about cultures across the world via CultureGrams™. CultureGrams™ can be accessed through the Louisville Free Public Library (LFPL) website. Once you click on the link below, scroll down to the CultureGrams link. You will then be directed to log in. You will need your Louisville Free Public Library Card Username or Barcode (on the back of your library card) and your LFPL password to log in and access CultureGrams™.
- Everything ESL: ESL Resources for Teachers
- Inside Language, Literacy,and Content: Online resources for educators and students
- International Children's Digital Library: Digital Books in English and Other Languages
- Kentucky Teachers to Speakers of Other Languages: Our purpose is to distribute information, to discuss current issues, and to improve the teaching of English to speakers of other languages.
- Live Binders: Differentiating Instruction for English Learners
- More Live Binders: Cooperative Learning and Academic Interaction: Strategies for Teachers
- National Center for Family Literacy: Literacy resources
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition: Collects, coordinates and conveys a broad range of research and resources in support of an inclusive approach to high quality education for ELLs.
- Reading Is Fundamental (RIF): A great resource for families to engage in literacy together
- Reading Rockets: Teaching kids to read and helping those who struggle
- WestEd: Research, webinars, and articles
- WIDA CAN DO Standards: provides CAN DO descriptors and other resources to help educators plan lessons, differentiate instruction, and observe LEP students' progress