Make some physical and fiscal improvements for the new year!
Featured Classes for March 2018
- Acrylic Painting for Everyone: Discover how to use acrylics, gold leaf, foil, stamps, and permanent markers as you become versed in various painting techniques and immersed in color. Begins March 20.
- Camp Zachary Taylor: The Building of a Training Camp: Discover in-depth details from the inception to the completion of this camp dedicated to training soldiers for battle. Begins March 19.
- Cave Hill Cemetery Civil War Monuments Tour: Enjoy a tour through Cave Hill Cemetery exploring the unique Civil War monuments. Begins March 16.
- Genealogy for Beginners: Learn to decode documents and terminology from earlier eras and search for insights into your history. Begins March 6.
- Italian for Beginners: Cover the conversational barrier including how to order food, catch a taxi, and ask for directions. Begins March 14.
- Meditation: Enhance peace of mind, uplift your mood, and increase concentration with techniques including guided visualization, breath awareness, color meditation, and chakra meditation. Begins March 14.
- MSD EPSC Contractor Training: Designed for contractors, inspectors, and utility company personnel who supervise construction, this course explains the EPSC measures to be installed on construction sites and the documentation necessary to comply with the EPSC Ordinance. Begins March 28. Other start dates include April 24 and May 29.
- MSD EPSC Home Builder Training and Certification: Residential property contractors learn what the inspector is looking for and the EPSC methods that need to be installed. Begins March 28 or May 29.
- MSD Qualified Post-Construction Inspector Program: Certification allows participants to perform inspections and oversee maintenance activities in accordance with the SQMA. Begins March 21. Other start dates include April 25 and May 23.
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates: Protect your assets by understanding how these pieces work in your favor and provide financial security to your loved ones. Begins March 13.
- American Sign Language for Beginners: Explore the world and culture of the hearing impaired. Begins April 17.
- Astronomy—Gaze at Celestial Wonders!: Learn the fundamentals of Astrology. Begins April 9.
- Bzzz on Bee Keeping: Learn about bee culture, hives, supplies, and how to protect bees. Begins April 11.
- Famous Louisville Figures of the Civil War: An introduction to the famous Louisville citizens of the Civil War who shaped the past. Begins April 16.
- Haunted Battlefields of the Western Theater: Enjoy spectral stories of the departed spirits haunting many of the battlefields in the Western Theater. Begins April 9.
- Horse Racing—Handicapping, Knowing the Odds: Decode the language of the racing form to generate informed opinions at the track. Begins April 12.
- Kentucky Figures of Historical Interest: Take a unique journey through Kentucky history to learn how folks like Loretta Lynn, Jesse Stuart, Happy Chandler, and Muhammed Ali became famous. Begins May 14.
- Medicare, Social Security, and IRAs Decoded: Understand the benefits of each of these programs, enabling you to make informed decisions regarding your financial future. Begins April 10.
- Meditation: Enhance peace of mind, uplift your mood, and increase concentration with guided visualization, breath awareness, color and chakra meditations, and more. Begins April 11.
- Microsoft Office 2016: Discover the easy-to-use business-productivity and information-management tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access. Begins April 12.
- Stained Glass—Create Your Masterpiece: Learn the basics of the copper foil method, and create up to three projects. Begins April 17.
- Take Flight—Discover Bird Watching: Learn to identify the local bird population, and discover where many species migrate to and from. Begins April 11.
Plus more than 450 online courses beginning every month!
Your support matters! Proceeds from Louisville Learns help JCPS Adult Education students earn the General Educational Development (GED) credential.