JCPS Food Distribution Plan During NTI 2.0
Jefferson County Public Schools is committed to providing healthy meals to students even though school buildings are currently closed. We have served more than 3 million meals to children since schools were shuttered in March, and we will continue to provide meals for kids who are completing online-only instruction from home or another location outside their school.
- All kids 18 & younger may receive meals for free. (Note: There is a limit of 1 visit to a meal site per day per family.)
- Click here for a list of schools distributing meals from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday.
PLEASE NOTE: JCPS meal sites will undergo several scheduling changes in November in observance of holidays:
- The new evening pick-up time will be 3 - 5 p.m. instead of 4 - 6 p.m. at the eight sites currently offering evening meal distribution:
- Butler Traditional High School
- Carrithers Middle School
- Eastern High School
- Greathouse Shryock Traditional Elementary School
- Male High School
- Seneca High School
- Valley High School
- Westport Middle School
- On Tuesday, Nov. 24, families will receive five of each meal for every child to cover them for the holiday break.
Since Sept. 1, the 130 meal sites at schools across the district have served an average of 16,800 children each Tuesday and Thursday. The number of children served has steadily increased each week.
School and Community Nutrition Services has information about the meal program, reporting any special dietary needs and more.