JCPS is committed to providing healthy meals to all students ages 18 years and younger in our community. We have served more than 7.5 million meals to children since schools were shuttered in March. Nutrition services will continue to provide meals via curbside, as well as, offering safe, nutritious meals in school for those choosing to return to in-person instruction.
During this time of transition, we have numerous changes taking place. Please read the following important information pertaining to meal service:
- For the rest of this school year 2020-21, ALL students at ALL schools will receive meals at NO charge.
Beginning March 17th, regular meal service in schools will resume for those students returning to school buildings. Check out Nutrislice for menus.
- Curbside meal pickups will also continue for all children ages 18 and younger (even non-JCPS students).
- On Wednesday, March 24th, curbside meal pick up will be available at most middle and high schools. Valley, Westport MS, Eastern, Male, and Seneca will serve 3-5 pm in addition to the 10-1. Meals this day will include 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, and various snacks. Here is a list of schools.
- No meal service will be available during Spring Break week.
- After Spring Break, curbside meal service will resume and only be on Saturdays from 10 a.m. -1 p.m. starting with Saturday, April 10th and will go through May 22nd. Here is a list of schools serving on Saturdays.
- Note: No service on Derby Day, May 1st. Sites will be open instead on Oaks Day, Friday, April 30thfor meals pick up.
- Summer Meal Service will be provided. More information to follow.
School and Community Nutrition Services has information about the meal program, reporting any special dietary needs and more.