During this time, our goal is to keep all JCPS employees informed with up-to-date details regarding COVID-19. We want this webpage to be a valued resource for you, whether you are working remotely or at your physical work location. Please check this site for frequent updates to make sure you have the latest information.
Facts to Remember
While there are extensive guidelines that all district employees must follow, we want to ensure everyone understands these four basic items.
- Every employee must complete the Health Screener/Telecommuting/Absent Form for every day. http://jcps.me/employeesignin
- Employees MUST wear a mask when around other people.
- Wash your hands frequently. When washing is not available, use hand sanitizer.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or been told by a health professional to quarantine, DO NOT enter a JCPS facility
During the current pandemic, we are required to have everyone complete a health screener who is returning to a physical work location within JCPS. For those who may be working remotely, you are required to complete a form indicating you are working remotely.
If you are absent (not working on a regular work day as outlined in your working calendar which could be vacation, personnel day, sick or emergency leave), you must still access the system and enter that you are absent. This does not replace the normal processes for being absent. If you are going to be absent for an extended period, you may enter a range of dates so it does not have to be completed each day you are out.
JCPS employees are required to wear a mask at work anytime they are moving or around other people. If you have a health condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, you will need to receive approval for an accommodation through the JCPS Benefits Office. To request an accommodation please complete the Employees Who are at Higher Risk form.
Employees must follow social distancing protocols established by the Kentucky Department of Public Health and KY Department of Education.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, you should use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Symptoms or a Positive Diagnosis of COVID-19
If you have COVID-19 symptoms (see below), received a positive test for COVID-19, or been told by a health professional to quarantine, DO NOT enter a JCPS facility and contact District Health Services at 485-3387.
- Fever or chills
- New, uncontrolled cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or Body Aches (not due to muscle strain)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Is your temperature 100.40F or greater
Positive COVID-19 Case at you Work Location
- If someone tests positive for COVID-19 at your work location, notice will be hung when indicated, by the Health Department, at your building. You will be notified if you had a prolonged contact with the individual who tested positive.
- If an employee tells their supervisor they’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive and have COVID-19 symptoms, the supervisor must complete the JCPS Health Services’ Communicable Disease Form.