Admissions and Release Committee
An Individual Education Program (IEP) is a document developed by an Admissions and Release Committee (ARC) for students with disabilities. The committee meets annually to review the student’s progress and develop a new IEP.
- General education teacher
- Special education teacher
- Related service provider (based on student needs)
- When questions or concerns arise during the school year, parents are encouraged to contact their child’s teacher. Both parents and educators may request to reconvene the ARC anytime throughout the school year to discuss IEP modifications or placement that may be necessary to ensure that the student progresses appropriately.
- Changes in service provisions and placement are made through the ARC process when there is documentation to support the change.
- It is important to note that services are determined by the committee but not by any individual member.