All are welcome and appreciated!
To provide an opportunity for every Head Start/Early Head Start child to have a significant positive male role model in his or her life
Goals and Objectives
- Recruit Head Start families, fathers, and significant males as positive role models.
- Develop and maintain male/fatherhood skills for continued and increased family growth and support.
- Facilitate male involvement networking.
- Share strategies for significant male involvement.
- Enhance and develop services for JCPS Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
- Understand male-related issues and attitudes and how they affect children and families.
- Build effective communication skills.
Activities and Events
- Collaborate with existing Head Start partners to increase family literacy, classroom volunteering, and male program participation.
- Participate in, conduct, and facilitate a male involvement retreat, conferences(s), workshop(s), and other training.
- Conduct a closing activity and/or a male involvement recognition program/training event.
- Mentor males.
- Motivate and pull together fathers, other male family members, and other significant male role models.
- Build the number of males involved in the Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
For more information, contact the Head Start/Early Head Start Parent Involvement coordinator at (502) 485-3919.
Your child needs you.
A child needs you.
We need you.