The purpose of the JCPS Language Services Division is to obtain language support. We help the district communicate effectively with English learners and their families in their native languages.
- Face-to-Face Interpreting
- Telephone Interpreting
Accessing Interpretation Services
- Emergency Requests—Call 485-6379 for the following: Suicidal, injured, suspended, bullying, fighting, missed bus, etc.
- Non-Emergency Requests—Complete an Interpreter or Translation Request Form, and follow these instructions for requesting services.
- Parents—Contact your child's school to request language support.
- To work effectively with an interpreter, follow these instructions.
Accessing Translation Services
- You will receive a confirmation email from Language Services shortly after you submit your request.
- Language Services will review your request promptly.
- Language Services will correspond by phone and/or by email to keep you informed of the status of your request.
Our district provides funding for language support. The funding covers most of the requests that our division receives. If the cost of your request cannot be funded by the Language Services Division, we will contact you before the service is provided.