Our vision at Doss High School is:
Be passionate. Be engaged. Be the best version of yourself. Our mission is to inspire, create, and foster authentic learning opportunities that maximize student engagement. Our goal every single day is to provide the absolute best education possible for each student and give them the chance to feel like a true part of the school. We have four great Academies in one great school, and every student will be affiliated with one of the four Academies. Student ownership in their overall success is critical to us at Doss.
By attaching themselves to an Academy, students will be fully engaged in an authentic learning experience that travels across all content areas and that will bring a stronger overall enjoyment to school. Academies offer a new kind of educational experience—a shift from traditional techniques and environments to deeper learning and transition readiness for college, career, and life.
- Project-Based Learning: Students engage with class content while working to solve authentic, real-world problems.
- Smaller Learning Communities: Students are organized into self-selected career academies that function as small teams of students and teachers, offering a more personalized learning experience.
- Core Classes: Students complete English, math, science, and social studies in addition to elective courses. Traditional, Advanced, Honors, and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
- Dual Credit: Students are encouraged to participate in dual-credit coursework offered within each career pathway.
- Industry Certifications: Students prepare for national certifications within each career pathway.
- Work-Based Learning: Students engage in authentic pathway observation and employment opportunities in collaboration with local business partnerships, such as GE Appliances, Class Act, Galt House, Crowne Plaza, Papa John’s, Toshiba, Norton Healthcare, Trilogy Health Services, and more.