Valley High School has a distinguished past and a promising future. Our educational goal at Valley is to prepare your son or daughter to enter life after high school with the knowledge, skills, attitude, and will to tackle whatever life has in store for him or her. We want our graduates to be productive citizens and lead happy and fulfilling lives. In 2012, JCPS invested over more than $26 million in in Valley High School by building a state-of-the-art auditorium and the largest high school gymnasium/arena in Louisville. Valley is well positioned to prepare students for the future because everything about our school was intentionally built for the future. The school has a long-standing tradition of academic excellence. We are leading the way in the Academies of Louisville initiative as 1 of the 11 participating JCPS high schools opening as a wall-to-wall Academy school for the 2018-19 school year. Along with professional career Academies, Valley offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses in numerous fields of study, and completed courses earn college credits and industry certifications.
- Small learning community—Small teams of students and teachers offer a personalized learning experience.
- Core classes—English, math, science, and social studies as well as electives and the Freshman Seminar course
- Weekly advisory/intervention period—Develops time-management and organizational skills, decision making, and goal setting while providing academic interventions
- VIKING time is a weekly opportunity for students to receive 45 minutes of individualized interventions based on their current academic needs. Those students who are on track use this opportunity to deepen learning in their preferred subjects or learn new skills in self-assigned enrichment activities.
- Academy Incentive Plan—Students will be part of our HERO system, which reinforces positive attendance and behavior choices.