is the proud home of inspired adults and prepared students who are empowered to use their diverse talents and personalized learning experience to benefit society. Waggener is leading the way in the Academies of Louisville, featuring three career-focused learning communities. A rigorous precollege curriculum complements our career pathway options with multiple opportunities to receive college credit, saving students thousands of dollars in tuition and preparing them with the experience necessary to successfully complete a college degree program. Waggener offers robust athletics, fine arts, and extracurricular programs and integrates service learning into the curriculum.
- The Freshman Academy at Waggener has earned National Career Academy Coalition (NCAC) Model Status to become the first accredited Academy in JCPS and Kentucky. Model Status is awarded to Academies that demonstrate nationally recognized best practices in preparing students for Academy and high school success.
- All freshmen take a yearlong Career Options course, which allows students to sample each of our career pathways; make an informed decision about their tenth- through twelfth-grade Academy; and start to envision their personal, collegiate, and professional life after high school.
- Waggener’s Health Science and IT and Law Academies offer high-demand career pathways with state-of-the-art labs, cutting-edge technology, and their own core team of teachers and administrators who value personalized learning and relationships.
- Instructionisproject-based;taughtinthecontextoftheAcademytheme;and integrated with meaningful business, postsecondary, and community partnerships.
- As an Academies of Louisville school, Waggener has more than 15 business partners that offer our students field trips, mentoring, mock interviews, résumé writing, job shadows, paid internships, and apprenticeships.
- Our learning environment develops compassionate, tolerant, and respectful human beings who value cultural diversity and contribute to the community through service-learning opportunities.
- Waggener offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses and dual-credit courses through the University of Louisville (UofL), Western Kentucky University (WKU), Sullivan University, and Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC).
- Waggener graduates begin postsecondary endeavors with nationally recognized industry certification and internship experience.