Deadline for families to register is May 20
Registration is now open for Camp Ready4K, the Jefferson County Public School (JCPS) District’s kindergarten readiness camp serving incoming students the summer before they start school.
Applications must be completed by May 20 in order to be considered for Camp Ready4K. Camp will be held July 9 through July 27, from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., at the following locations:
- Alex R. Kennedy Elementary School (4515 Taylorsville Road)
- Dawson Orman Education Center (900 S Floyd St.)
- DuValle Education Center (3610 Bohne Ave.)
- Hazelwood Elementary (1325 Bluegrass Ave.)
- McFerran Early Childhood (1900 S 7th St.)
- Shacklette Elementary (5310 Mercury Dr.)
- Unseld Learning Center (5216 Ilex Ave. )
Families can complete an application online. During the camp, incoming kindergarten students receive instruction from early learning teachers to ensure that they have the skills necessary to be successful in kindergarten. Students are also provided with breakfast and lunch.
For more information, families may call the Dawson Orman Education Center at 485-7677.