Skip to main content
- Largest school system in Kentucky
- 29th largest school system in the United States
- 81 percent of all children in Louisville/Jefferson County attend Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS).
- JCPS has 483 of Kentucky’s 3,602 teachers with National Board Certification.
- JCPS offers 66 magnet schools and programs.
- 172 schools
- 6,738 teachers
- 84 percent of teachers with a master’s degree
- 27,674 Parent Teacher Association (PTA) members
- All JCPS student groups saw increases in the percentage of JCPS students scoring Proficient or Distinguished in reading and math from 2012 to 2016:
—All students—7.5 percent increase
—African-American students—6.4 percent increase
—Exceptional Child Education (ECE) students—4.6 percent increase
—Free or reduced-price meal-eligible students—8.9 percent increase
—Hispanic—5.7 percent increase
—Limited English Proficient (LEP)—2.7 percent increase
- JCPS has 36 Semifinalists National Merit Scholars
- 100,900 students (2017-2018)
- 65,000 bus riders (2017-2018)
- 12,393 ECE students
- 125 languages spoken by JCPS students
- 62 percent of students are eligible for free or reduced-price meals (2017-2018)