Skip to main content
- Largest school system in Kentucky
- 27th largest school system in U.S.
- 81 percent of all children in Louisville/Jefferson County attend Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS).
- Four JCPS schools are in Kentucky’s Top 10 schools on the 2015 Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress (K-PREP) assessments.
- JCPS has 406 of Kentucky’s 1,826 teachers with National Board Certification (22 percent).
- JCPS offers 18 magnet schools and 52 magnet programs at all levels.
- 172 schools
- 6,400 teachers
- 84 percent of teachers with a master’s degree
- 41,000 Parent Teacher Association (PTA) members
- All JCPS student groups saw increases in the percentage of JCPS students scoring Proficient or Distinguished in reading and math from 2012 to 2015:
—All students—5.7 percent increase
—African-American students—4.8 percent increase
—Exceptional Child Education students—3.2 percent increase
—Free or Reduced Price Meals-eligible students—6.2 percent increase
—Hispanic—5.4 percent increase
—Limited English Proficient—3.1percent increase
- 53 of Kentucky’s 223 are National Merit Scholars.
- 100,600 students
- 70,000 bus riders
- 12,400 ECE students
- 123 languages spoken by JCPS students
- 64 percent of students are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.