PC or Chromebook (running the latest version of Chrome or Firefox):
- Open Chrome or Firefox.
- Go to this URL.
- Enter the Authentication Code. Call Language Services for the code. (For monetary reasons, please do not share the Authentication Code with non-JCPS employees.)
- Assign the laptop a name consisting of your location # and your last name.
- Tap on Activate Device.
If you use Chrome, you can add the LanguageLine web application to your desktop by navigating to the menu, “More Tools” / “Add to desktop.” Make sure there is only one tab open in Chrome.
Complete the Application Setup
- Tap OK when the pop-up “LanguageLine would like to access the microphone” appears.
- Tap OK when the pop-up “LanguageLine would like to access the camera” appears.
- Tap Help & Settings in the lower-left corner of the application’s Language Selection screen, and then turn off the “Default to video interpreters” option.
- Tap Place Test Call. Tap on the RED phone icon to end the test call.
Do not share VRI access information with parents, students, family advocates, or any agency. A JCPS employee must always be in charge of accessing VRI. This service is an expense; therefore, JCPS employees are responsible to manage the cost.