We believe that parents are their child's first teachers. Our philosophy is to serve the total child. To do this, the entire family must be involved. Family support is essential if the child is to have the best opportunity for success in school and in life. Parents are not only welcome but also encouraged to participate in the classroom and in other aspects of the program.
- Participate in your child's classroom.
- Participate in school-based meetings.
- Serve in a leadership role.
- Encourage other parents to be involved.
What Can I Expect?
- Leadership training
- Monthly scheduled meetings involving shared decision making
- The opportunity to serve as a link between parents, the community, and JCPS
- Participation in the annual program self-assessment
- Input into program planning, policies, and procedures