JCPS Food Distribution Plan During NTI 2.0
JCPS is committed to providing healthy meals to students even though school buildings are currently closed. We have served more than 3 million meals to children since schools were shuttered in March, and we will continue to provide meals for children who are completing online-only instruction from home or another location outside their school.
- All children 18 and younger may receive meals for free. (Note: There is a limit of one visit to a meal site per day per family.)
- Here is a list of schools distributing meals from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday.
- The evening pick-up time is 3 to 5 p.m. at the eight sites currently offering evening meal distribution:
- Butler Traditional High School
- Carrithers Middle School
- Eastern High School
- Greathouse/Shryock Traditional Elementary School
- Louisville Male High School
- Seneca High School
- Valley High School
- Westport Middle School
The average number of students being served has steadily increased and is approximately 20,000 per week at the end of 2020.
JCPS staff distributed close to 1 million meals and snacks on Thursday, Dec. 17, as part of Operation Winter Break. See below for tips and heating instructions for the Winter Break meals:
School and Community Nutrition Services has information about the meal program, reporting any special dietary needs and more.