Jeffersontown High School is inspiring young people in developing their potential to be productive members of society and is committed to developing leaders who will create, design, and build innovative solutions to tomorrow’s challenges. Jeffersontown is empowering a new generation of young people who will graduate from high school prepared for college, careers, and the successful futures that await them. We are leading the way in the Academies of Louisville initiative as 1 of the 11 participating JCPS high schools opening as a wall-to-wall Academy school for the 2018-19 school year. Along with Professional Career Academies, Jeffersontown High School also offers students academic opportunities to participate in the Advance Program and Honors Program.
- Small teams of students and teachers offer a personalized learning experience. This also includes a dedicated Academy Principal and Academy Counselor
- Class Offerings—English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Music and Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) in conjunction with Career and Technical Education classes
- Advisory opportunities that introduce students to life skills to prepare for entry into the workforce or postsecondary education as well as enrichment opportunities so that students can explore a vast variety of individual interests
- Dual-credit classes and rigorous course offerings in the Advance Program and the Advanced Placement (AP) program
- The Academy Experience. Students will choose their academy based on career interests after their time in the Freshmen Academy. Within their academy they will job shadow, explore career options, work with business partners, participate in work-based learning, and experience project based learning to make connections between the classroom and the real world