At Jeffersontown High School, students are immersed in the full Academy of Louisville experience. With award-winning arts and music programs, a variety of dual-credit and Advanced Placement (AP) offerings, a wide variety of sports and clubs, and unique work-based learning opportunities, there is truly something for everyone at Jeffersontown High School.
Students will spend a year adapting to high school and exploring career options in the Freshman Academy. From there, students will become a member of a small learning community by entering the Build and Design Academy or the Business and Health Science Academy. Within their Academy, students will partake in challenging coursework while also learning about a career path directly related to their Academy: Engineering, Welding, CAD, Machinist Operator, Teaching & Learning, or Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) for Build & Design students or Patient Care Tech, Allied Health, Financial Services, or Marketing for Business & Health Science students.
Students will leave Jeffersontown High School with a sense of purpose and, more importantly, the skills and knowledge necessary to be a productive member of society—whether they will be joining the workforce or furthering their education.
- Small teams of students and teachers offer a personalized learning experience.
- Advisory opportunities prepare students for entry into the workforce or post-secondary education.
- Dual-credit classes offered in partnership with a variety of universities
- Advance Program and Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- The Academy Experience
- Choose an Academy based on career interests after Freshman Academy
- Real-world experience offered through job-shadowing opportunities, career exploration, work with business partners, work-based learning, and Project-Based Learning (PBL)