Kenwood Elementary is a caring and safe environment that strives to educate the whole child while promoting good character, responsibility, and academic success in every student. Kenwood students will maintain integrity, communicate effectively, and be critical thinkers/ problem solvers. Kenwood will be among the most desired schools in Kentucky by students, parents, and employees.
- Recognized as a State and National School of Character
- Provides state-of-the-art technology in classrooms and the computer lab, including a 1:1 Chromebook-to-student ratio in grades K–5
- Employs master teachers who participate in a weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) to determine how to meet the needs of each student; many teachers have earned National Board Certification
- OffersaVisualArtandMusicProgramthatprovides instruction in music, movement, drama, and visual arts
- Offers a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Lab that provides instruction in critical thinking, problem solving, robotics, and programming
- Part of the Compassionate Schools Project, focusing on mindfulness, awareness, and service learning
- Offers A Wide Range Of Extracurricular Activities, including volleyball, basketball, Cross-Country, Girls on the Run, chess, bucket drumming, STEM for Girls, band, and orchestra
- Offers Advance Program and English as a Second Language (ESL) services to ensure academic success
- Instruction is delivered through a workshop approach to ensure learning is personalized to meet student individual needs.