Louisville Male High School is a student-centered, college-preparatory, districtwide traditional magnet high school and one of the top-rated high schools in Kentucky. Since 1856, Louisville Male has been committed to supporting the goals and ambitions of its students. That pledge is reflected in an educational experience that demonstrates an unwavering commitment to create proficient lifelong learners, critical thinkers, problem solvers, and communicators within a uniquely structured environment emphasizing student success, discipline, patriotism, traditional values, and service to society. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and challenging precollege curriculum that fosters academic integrity and excellence.
- Provides a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum that prepares students for college and scholarship opportunities in a traditional setting
- Offers 21 Advanced Placement (AP) courses as well as other advanced- level courses
- Offers dual-credit courses through the University of Louisville (UofL)
- Offers the Army Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) Program
Traditional Magnet Program:
The Traditional Magnet Program provides a rigorous academic curriculum in a highly structured learning environment that is essential for maximum student achievement. The Traditional Program contributes to a student’s growth by placing an added emphasis on high academic standards, proper conduct, citizenship, and the development of self-discipline. A focus on the core subjects and emphasis on critical thinking help students build basic knowledge and gain high competence in fundamental skills.
Career Pathways Offered:
- Army JROTC
- Cinematography and Video Production • Computer Programming Blended Hybrid • Management and Entrepreneurship
- Teaching and Learning