At Maupin Elementary, our mission is to build a caring community with students engaged in learning experiences that ignite intellectual curiosity, compassion, and confidence. We aim to create and sustain a community of learners who possess the belief in themselves to achieve high academic skills; the kindness to help others; and the might to make a difference where they live, work, and play. Maupin Elementary has smaller class sizes and a family-oriented community so every student receives the personal attention they need.
- Offers the following special areas taught by certified teachers: art, digital literacy, library, and physical education (PE)
- Supports students’ social and emotional development through Promoting Alternate Thinking Strategies (PATHS) Program, Second Steps, and mental health counseling
- Extracurricular activities including basketball, Boy Scouts, cheerleading, drum corps, Girl Scouts, and spoken word
- Provides student access to Chromebooks in addition to large flat panels in Intermediate classrooms
- The Family Resource Center (FRC) provides a food pantry and other family supports.
- Features a beautiful campus including a large, grassy play area.
- The school hosts a Wellness Center for the on-site medical and dental needs of students, families, and staff.