Pleasure Ridge Park (PRP) High School’s mission is to empower students to become dedicated and engaged in their classrooms, careers, and communities. We are leading the way in the Academies of Louisville initiative.
Along with the four Academies of PRP, we offer the Honors Program and PRP Advance Program. PRP has a long tradition as a top Advance Program school, and seasoned teachers encourage gifted and talented students to reach their full potential. Our Advance Program students are challenged in the classroom and are accustomed to a rigorous curriculum that allows them to be successful in college.
PRP students have many opportunities to showcase their skills in our visual and performing arts courses.
- Small teams of students and teachers offer a personalized learning experience.
- Introduction to extracurricular, cocurricular, sports, and other school-sponsored activities through Freshmen Seminar
- Opportunities to earn industry certifications and dual credit in chosen career pathway
- Award-winning visual and performing arts classes include theatre, dance, orchestra, band, graphic design, choir, and visual arts.
- Hosts several hands-on learning environments, including health sciences lab, CAD lab, and welding lab