Pleasure Ridge Park (PRP) High School’s mission is to empower students to become dedicated and engaged in their classrooms, careers, and communities.
As an Academy of Louisville, we are committed to preparing students for postsecondary options, including college and career. To prepare our students for their next step, PRP is intentional in providing meaningful and relevant content and real-world skills that will set students apart from their peers at the next level.
Along with the four Academies of PRP, we offer the Honors Program and PRP Advance Program. PRP has a long tradition as a top Advance Program school, and seasoned teachers encourage gifted and talented students to reach their full potential. Our Advance Program students are challenged in the classroom and are accustomed to a rigorous curriculum that allows them to be successful in college.
PRP students have many opportunities to showcase their skills in our visual and performing arts courses.
- Small teams of students and teachers offering a personalized learning experience
- Introduction to extracurricular, cocurricular, sports, and other school-sponsored activities through Freshman Seminar
- Opportunities to earn industry certifications and dual credit in chosen career pathway
- Award-winning visual and performing arts classes, including theatre, dance, orchestra, band, graphic design, choir, and visual arts
- Access to industry-level lab spaces to practice and enhance skills in a well-equipped, modern lab space
Academies and Pathways
Business and Communications Academy
- Learn to function as staff, producers, directors, and managers of media programming and film production.
- Practice the principles and techniques for effective communication in digital design and other formats.
- Learn the process of developing consumer audiences and how to move products from producers to consumers.
- Prepare for a career in education.
- Become educated on health sciences, research, and clinical procedures while being introduced to various healthcare occupations.
- Learn how to tend to patients in acute care settings and long-term care facilities.
Manufacturing, Engineering, and Design
- Begin to assist lead welders in the fabrication of steel and metal structures.
- Learn computer-aided drafting (CAD) to draw building layouts and HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and lighting blueprints.
- Prepare for a postsecondary Registered Apprenticeship training program while still earning credit for classes taken that relate to the apprenticeship.