Our primary focus is to work with families to ensure that all of our students are successful. We firmly believe that through hard work and open communication between the community and our school, students at Rutherford Elementary will reach their highest potential and become lifelong, independent learners who make significant contributions to society.
- Students develop their critical-thinking skills in Advance Program.
- Literature-based curriculum enhanced by team teaching and research-based instruction
- Student activities: after-school sports/activities through Family Resource Center (FRC),
- Academic Team, Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP), Chess Club, basketball, soccer, cheerleading, orchestra, band
- Full-time Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) teacher
- Homeroom and specialized grouping, tailored to the needs of the students through the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program and Project-Based Learning (PBL) to promote cooperative learning
- Engaging, standards-based instruction in a diverse, multicultural setting
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program with four full-time teachers and three bilingual associate instructors
- 16+ languages spoken