We are devoted to empowering and engaging our community of learners to be responsible and self-reliant citizens. At Shelby, we honor cultural identity and individuality by centering students’ lives and experiences in our curriculum. Shelby is committed to ensuring that each student develops the skills, knowledge, and expertise necessary to succeed. We love our Sharks, and we work every day to make sure we all swim forward together!
- We are SHARKs! Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Respectful, and Kind
- Partnering with the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) to become a No Place for Hate school
- Arts integration for all K–5 students
- Workshop Model tailored to individual student needs
- Special Areas: art; library; general music; physical education (PE); dance; Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM); theatre; Math, Music, and Movement; the SHARK Way; band; and orchestra
- Cocurricular activities: Basketball, Cheerleading, Student Council, No Place for Hate, Girls on the Run, Men of Quality, Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP), Girls Who Code, Quick Recall, and Disney Musicals in School