Slaughter Elementary offers everything your child needs to become a star student. Our innovative programs and range of extracurricular activities motivate your child to build skills, discover new interests, and develop talents. Our teachers strive to ensure that every student masters all core subjects in order to build a strong foundation of basic knowledge.
- Small Class Size Program, Project-Based Learning (PBL) opportunities, and English as a Second
- Language (ESL) Program
- Provides student leadership opportunities, including Peer Mediators, Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP), student council, as well as an award-winning Academic Team and Robotics Team
- Student activities: band, orchestra, cross-country, basketball, cheerleading, soccer, tennis, Girls on the Run, Men of Honor, and Girls of GEMs
- Hands-on science education through outdoor gardens, wetlands, inquiry-based science lab, and a deeper learning lab with Project Lead the Way kits (PLTW)
- Award-winning Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Restorative Practice (RP) school
- Offers Art Integration in collaboration with the Kentucky Center for the Arts
- Slaughter 21FUN CLUB is a before- and afterschool program for grades two through five that provides a broad array of enrichment activities and extra assistance with core academic subjects, such as reading and math. Students meet after school Monday through Thursday and before school Tuesday and Wednesday. Because 21FUN CLUB includes extra academic support, students are referred based on their academic progress. Adult family members can access educational opportunities through the program too.