H. B. Slaughter Elementary offers everything your child needs to become a star student. Our innovative programs and range of extracurricular activities motivate your child to build skills, discover new interests, and develop talents. At H. B. Slaughter, our teachers strive to ensure that every student masters all core subjects in order to build a strong foundation of basic knowledge.
- Enriches instruction through the use of 1:1 Chromebooks for kindergarten through fifth grade, document cameras, SMART Boards, wireless internet access, and iPads
- Offers the Small Class Size Program
- Provides student leadership opportunities, including Peer Mediators, Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP), Student Council, as well as an award-winning Academic Team and Robotics Team
- Offers many student activities, including band, orchestra, cross country, basketball, cheerleading, soccer, tennis, Girls on the Run, Men of Honor, and Girls of GEMs
- Offers hands-on science education through outdoor gardens, wetlands, inquiry-based science lab as well as a deeper learning lab with Project Lead the Way kits (PLTW)
- An award-winning Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Restorative Practice (RP) School, Slaughter focuses on project-based learning and helping students develop their Digital Backpack.
- Offers Art Integration in collaboration with the Kentucky Center for the Arts