Note: Western High School is not accepting ninth graders during the 2023-24 school year and will transition to a full magnet school in the 202425 school year.
Western High School strives to engage, prepare, and graduate all students ready for their education and career goals. To ensure this, the Western Warrior Way is to be engaged in learning today and empowered for success tomorrow!
Students can engage in various programs at Western, including Early College, Culinary Arts, Carpentry, Graphic Design, Management and Entrepreneurship, and Allied Health. Over four years, students can earn up to 60 college credits, tuition-free, through our Advance, Comprehensive, and Honors Programs.
Additionally, Western is one of only two JCPS schools offering the Louisville Rotary Mentoring Program, which works to help our students better transition into life after high school.
- Small learning communities offer a personalized learning experience.
- Residential Carpentry
- Gain practical experience in construction by installing and repairing wood structures and fixtures
- Graduate with knowledge and skills to begin a career in the construction industry
- Culinary Arts
- Learn how to prepare and plate food in a fully equipped, on-campus kitchen
- Gain industry certifications, understanding of nutrition, and business and service basics related to various restaurant and culinary environments
- Earn Barista Certification while working at Culinary Café, which is made possible through a partnership with Heine Brothers Coffee