JCPS 2021 Showcase of Schools
Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) will hold its annual Showcase of Schools on Saturday, October 9, 2021, offering parents and students a convenient opportunity to visit with JCPS staff and representatives of its more than 150 schools and get information about optional, magnet and career programs before deciding which school the student will apply to for next school year.
The Showcase will feature schools from all grades—elementary, middle and high—during the event. The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9. It will be held at the Kentucky International Convention Center, South Hall A and B, Upper Concourse, 221 S. Fourth Street.
Representatives from several district departments including the Optional, Magnet and Advance Programs Office; Student Assignment; Transportation; Language Services, Parent Teacher Association (PTA); Academies of Louisville; Diversity, Equity and Poverty Programs; and Demographics will also be available to answer questions, talk about district resources and opportunities, and help explain application procedures to parents.
The application period for the 2022-23 school year begins on November 1, 2021 and ends on December 15, 2021.
Resources for Exploring School Choice Options
- Use School Finder to identify your resides school.
- Determine if you need to register and/or apply for school, and find out how.
- Review the interactive elementary, middle, and high school Choices guides.
- Mark your calendar for to attend Showcase of Schools on Saturday, October 9. This is your opportunity to get your questions answered by school representatives.
- Review school websites and social media pages.
If you need assistance with completing the registration or application process, you may contact us at email@example.com or (502) 485-6250.